Important Reminders Regarding COVID-19
To help stop the spread of COVID-19, it is important to:
- Always wear a mask that covers your nose and mouth if you are with people who do not live with you, if you are in a crowded area, and/or if you are in a poorly ventilated indoor space that is not your home.
- Stay at least six feet (about two arm lengths) from others who do not live with you.
- Avoid crowds and poorly ventilated indoor spaces.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially before eating, drinking, and touching your face.
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Routinely clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces.
Symptoms to watch for:
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
What to do if you are sick:
- Contact your healthcare provider and probation, ISP/JISP, or pretrial officer if you think you have been exposed to COVID-19.
- Contact your probation, ISP/JISP, or pretrial officer if you are tested for COVID-19 and follow up with the officer with the results of your test.
- Stay home unless you have been directed by your healthcare provider to seek medical care.
- Take care of yourself. Stay hydrated and rest.
- Separate yourself from others and continue practicing caution to prevent spreading the virus.
- Monitor your symptoms and keep your probation, ISP/JISP, or pretrial officer informed about any updates to your condition.
How to get tested for COVID-19 in New Jersey:
- Testing is available to everyone in New Jersey and new testing sites are frequently added.
- You do not need insurance. Free testing is available at community health centers, also known as federally qualified health centers.
- Use the link below to the New Jersey COVID-19 website to find a testing location near you.
What to know about the COVID-19 vaccine:
- The New Jersey Department of Health provides up-to-date information about the COVID-19 virus and vaccines.
For More Information, go to: